Monday, March 5, 2012

Cleavage and Passing Gas

Here is a cute video of Lainey just hanging out on Saturday morning.  She decided that she didn't care what anyone thought and decided to let it all hang out.  Just know that she gets her gas from her dad. 


Happenings in the past week:
1.)  Nellie Death Patrol Watch
Nellie decided that the ant traps we had set out in the basement tasted just like peanut butter (surprisingly they smelled just like her favorite treat) and she had eaten and licked all the poison out of the trap.  So after debating whether or not to take her to the Emergency Vet (yes this happened on a Sunday), B decided to call poison control.  Luckily, since she is overweight and a big dog they said that she should be okay and to encourage her to eat/drink but to be on the lookout for seizures, convulsions, throwing up, kidney failure, etc.  Okay???  Well, we just watched her for most of the day do what she does best: 


She is doing fine and I think that we are in the clear. 

2.)  Snow Time!
We finally had a big snow and surprisingly it was big enough to shut down school.  Apparently that has only happened one other time in the last 12 years.  So I know what you are thinking...we got 24 inches right?  Nope...just 7 inches, but apparently timing is everything and having 7 inches in the early AM on top of a lot of freezing rain will do the trick.  It finally gave Laineybug an opportunity to show off her super cute snowsuit that Bethany and Clay got her for Christmas.  I felt so bad that we haven't been able to use it, as it has been the 3rd most warmest/driest winter they have ever had. 
Snowbunny

 
Look at all of this white stuff!



3.)  Half Marathon Training Begins!
I guess I have gone off the deep end or a little "Cray-Cray" but I have signed up and registered for the Minneapolis Half Marathon on June 3rd!  I have a little over 3 months to train...but it is going to be painful.  A good pain as I need to get this post-maternity booty into pre-maternity shape and I think that this will be a great goal.  Not only that, but three of my besties will be joining me to run as well! Thank you to Lindsay, Megan, and Rosa!  And here is the kicker...all of my training is going to be outside as I decided not to pay $85/month to join the gym here (now that is cray-cray).  Instead, it is going to be Lainey and I in the B.O.B Stroller (which I get on Wednesday!) pounding the pavement.  Wish us luck and we will keep you updated! 

Hope everyone has a great week!  It is going to be 50 degrees tomorrow and we are going to spend the whole day outside as I could use some Vit D! 

-Manda

1 comment:

  1. I was waiting for you to mention how Lainey has more cleav than her Auntie B :)

    Also, I had to do a triple take of Nellie's picture...for a brief second I was amazed that your new home looks just like your SLC kitchen... sadly, I realized wrong, cray-cray huh?!

    ReplyDelete