Thursday, February 9, 2012

4 Months Old

I can't believe that this little girl is 4 months old already!  Happy Birthday Laineybug!   She is such a happy baby and so smiley. 


Here is a 4 month recap:
Weight: 14lbs 11oz  Height: 25 1/2 inches

Likes:  Bathtime, Watching Nellie, Watching Nellie chew her toys, Watching Nellie get a timeout in her kennel for chewing those toys, sucking on her hands, putting her hands together like she is saying her prayers, pulling off her right sock, lifting her legs and toes in the air, screaming/cooing/turkey calling/blowing bubbles, story time before bedtime, singing nursery rhymes, playing on my mat, watching mom blow dry her hair or run the vacuum.

Dislikes:  Tummy Time, Tummy Time, Tummy Time, Did I say Tummy Time?, not being swaddled while sleeping, to sleep more than 4 hours at a time during the night, bottles or pacifiers, and my vibrating chair. 



We have had a busy couple of weeks, hence the non-blogging.  First things first...mom had a GNO (Girls Night Out) with some new MN ladies and they were a blast!  We wined and dined and Lainey and B had a great night of bonding.  We also found a bottle that she took without any screaming or fighting over for an hour!  Yea Dr. Browns!  I guess I just need to leave the house more often!

At the end of January Lainey and I packed up and headed south for a week as we decided to go to my parents farm in Kansas.  We had nothing else better to do in cold Minnesota, I needed some adult socialization, and my family kept giving me the guilt trip about how nice the weather was in KS and how much they missed her... so I said "Road Trip!"

I was nervous for the car ride as it was just Lainey and I in the X5 (that has a questionable transmission) for a 9-10 hour car ride.  It went fantastic and Lainey was such a good companion!  We stopped every 3 hours for some stretch time and snacks and she slept soundly almost the entire time in the car seat.  Score! 

We had a great week and we got to do a lot of things and see a lot of people!  Aunt Bethany came down (not once but two different times) for the week, Mimi Kathy and Great Grandma Shirley made a day trip (8 hours in the car in one day!!), and I met one of my best friends from Pharmacy school for dinner so that she could finally meet Lainey.  We even got a special visit from the Aurand clan one afternoon.  I babysat for all 4 of their kids growing up in H.S. and college and now they are old enough to babysit Lainey.  I just wish they lived closer to MN so that they could return the favor! 



Lainey got A LOT of lovin' from everyone around and I thankfully got to catch up on my sleep as my wonderful mom and dad took the early AM shift every morning.  It was so hard to leave and my parents kept asking if we could stay just one more day.  We decided to head on back earlier this week as we really missed B...but I did cry from my house to Lincoln, NE.  I just hope that there is an opportunity someday that allows us to be closer to our families, especially now that we have a little one! 

Until then...I am going to work on making MN feel like home.  I have been having pity parties since I have been rather lonely in MN and really missing my Utah friends/home/skiing/etc, but it can only get better!  I am just thankful for my time with Lainey and getting to witness all of her milestones each and everyday! (and countdown the hours until the next monthly GNO!)

-Manda

1 comment:

  1. We loved, loved having you and Miss Lainey for a week. The time went too fast but we cherish them (especially our early morning visits)!

    ReplyDelete