Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Phat Tuesday

In honor of Phat Tuesday, I was craving some cajun/creole food all day today!  So I searched high and low and found a great Jambalaya recipe.  (You have to love All Recipes!)  It was delish and we topped it off with honey cornbread!  The best part of the night:  Brandon ate off of the purple Fiestaware plate and bowl.  BRANDON ATE OFF THE PURPLE FIESTAWARE!  I want to shout it out to the world b/c in the 4.5 years that we have been married, he has never eaten off of the purple plates or bowls.  He is obnoxious about it at times even going as far as hand washing a dirty non-purple plate in order to avoid using a clean purple plate. The real reason:  Brandon hates the Missouri Tigers and it was his way of saying "Go Wildcats!" for tonights big game.  I will take what I can get.  Here is the picture to document this momentous occaision:


He said that I was pushing it when I asked him to go put on a KSU t-shirt.   haha

Recipe for Jambalya (I would give it 4.5/5 stars!)
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/jambalaya/detail.aspx
Some alterations to the recipe:
- I added some shrimp at the end
- Did not have file powder (thickener) and it doesn't need a thickener in my opinion
- Added another can of tomatoes + juice

No comments:

Post a Comment