Saturday, February 18, 2012

Venturing Out and About

I feel so lucky and blessed that I have found some mama's up here in Minnesota.  They have been so helpful with advice regarding anything baby!  One thing every single one of the mentioned is taking an ECFE Class.  These classes are associated with the school districts out here and offer classes from newborns to preschoolers to facilitate early childhood education.  Lainey and I enrolled in a class two weeks ago in which we meet every week for 1 1/2 hours and it is a playgroup session for her, while all the mama's get to express their joys and concerns about parenting/motherhood.  They provide a teacher who is a facilitator for topic discussions such as sleeping, eating, development, etc.  I so look forward to these classes every week as it gets me out of the house, I have met 9 other new moms going through the exact thing, and Lainey loves the socialization. (she even has a new boyfriend!)  hee hee

We also ventured out to Amma Parenting today with one of our new friends from ECFE class and attended a storytime and playgroup as well.  This storytime was amazing and Lainey loved every minute of it!  I have never seen a 4 month old so enthralled! The look of amazement on her face when she heard a violin (this teacher was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G) was priceless!  I think that we may have been a little bit "overstimulated" by the end, but she did so good!  She loves music of anykind whether if it is me singing to her offtune or listening to her lullabies so when we had this fantastic teacher sing/play instruments/read she had the biggest smile on her face for 30 minutes! 

New updates for this week:  Lainey has a new toy and she LOVES it!  She bounces up and down the entire 20 minutes we let her go in it.  Here is a video that you can watch for yourself! 



We have had our first health issue this week as well.  She has been waking up multiple times throughout the night and crying/screaming out as if she is in pain.  She has always woken up many times throughout the night in the past months, but the crying was def new.  She also started spitting up 10x more and almost projectile spitting up.  The MD said that it could be due to the fact that she is sitting up more and verticle (bumbo, exosaucer) vs. laying down on her stomach and playing and that it is applying more pressure on her abdomen/esophagus and causing more acid reflux.  So we tipped up her bed, I am trying to avoid dairy, and we started her on Zantac for a two week trial to see if this will do the trick.  Will keep everyone updated! 

Here are some pictures from this week! 
Wide eyed little owl enjoying tummy time!
Our super sweet and super pink Valentine! 


I LOVE my new bouncer!


Does my profile look like my dad or my mom?
I started out here....


And ended up clear out here...with only one sock!  Rolly Polly!  She hasn't quite rolled over yet but will use her legs to push up against things to wiggle her way out! 






No comments:

Post a Comment