Monday, February 13, 2012

The Big Game

Today is one of three days out of the year where things get a little tense in our household.  There is an edge in the air at the Hurley-Walker house and we have a lot of cold, hard staring contests across the dinner table that could make Frank Martin seem like a nice little kitty cat.  That's right...KU and K-State are playing some basketball tonight.

This has been a premise of B and I's relationship even before we were a couple.  He used to make fun of me in pharmacy lab saying such things about going to "Silo Tech" and how KU was going to dominate Allen Fieldhouse West for the 90th time...blah blah blah.  I would usually come up with something along the lines that Coach Bill Snyder holds a coaching clinic every other year in Lawrence (thanks LP) and that they looked good against the Little Sisters of the Blind.   Even at our wedding, we had a divided wedding party providing friendly "bantering" all day long.


Instead of putting aside our differences and watching the games hand-in-hand, we have now included our precious little 4 month old into this battle.  Here is a look into our conversations during these days:  "Sorry A, I asked Lainey what shirt she wanted to wear and she picked this nice crimson and blue one."  "Oh darn it...she only has purple/silver headbands so I guess she will have to wear this KSU purple onesie today."  We have also started included her into our gambling addiction.  For instance, since KU won the first meeting of the season (by luck) Lainey HAD to wear crimson and blue all day today and I had to post a picture on my facebook since I lost the bet. 


So who would you vote for?  This is really a trick question, because when you are this cute it doesn't matter what colors you wear.  But seriously...who would you vote for?  Brandon and I have wages going.  10-1 odds for KSU.  :o) 

The Jayhawk outfit I HAD to wear all day after mommy lost her bet to daddy. 

Isn't purple my color?  I think so too! 
This is a better place for the Jayhawk!

At least we are on the same side when it comes to that place called Misery (Mizzou)!

Go Cats!

-Manda

1 comment: